Within the implementation of the opinion polls to marketing and market research prominently occupy surveys on products.
A survey of product, as part of a plan of marketing of a company or a more general market study, usually only one cog in the processes of research and decision-making process of a company, but they can - of course - be analysed separately.
We will mention some common survey carrying out market research on products sold.
- Pilot surveys on new products. Here, there are innumerable variants, some of which are true social experiments, and which can be combined with the display, tasting, etc. of products as well as quantitative studies.
- Surveys on the concept of a service, product: meaning, social representations to generate conscious and unconscious associations.
- Brand-product surveys: new marcas-producto, variations in branding or analysis of changes in the perception of the consumer of a brand-product.
- Surveys on acceptability of products: new products, variations on the same product.
- Surveys on packaging: the presentation changes, changes in content, slogans, in the amount of product. They can be of acceptability or preliminary investigation of changes in packaging, or changes in course.
- Survey on marks independently of products and his names. Surveys about products or services: marks internet, naming, slogans, social representations of consumers and customers linked to the product.
- Surveys on sales and distribution: on the structure of the sale of the product, on points of sale, how to sell it.
These are some typical ways in which surveys public - not, but customers, users or consumers of products - can be used in research of market or marketing products.